Thursday 23 May 2013

How's your day? blog 110 Never give up

How’s your Day? Blog 110 never give up

© Peter A Taylor, 23, May, 2o13

 

After a bad week of concrete shoes and not enough energy to pull the skin from a Rice Pudding, I was sorting my funeral arrangements. I have pulled out of some hard places but I wasn’t sure I’d claw my way back from this last funk.

 

So, with a mindset that I had no responsibility to do a damn thing, I set out to work on my wellness. First I grab a good book. I then stock the larder with all the yummy things I like and at present, that’s not a lot except fruit and raw fish with lemon juice and coconut milk. My chores are limited to feed the dog and the chickens and I’ve become the master of the slow cooker. Yes, once the dinner is loaded just like your dishwasher, I pop it in a slow oven and forget it. Now for the rest of the day I read, sleep, sit and empty my mind. Still breathing short but drinking coconut water flavoured with Pineapple juice and mineral water with a squeeze of fresh lime, I settle. May be it will work and may be it won’t. I decided to retire and take on no work or writing unless I feel like clearing my emails occasionally. You are getting a picture here.

 

Within a week I began to have a little energy when it came to serving dinner and my eyes were not closing as I took my last mouth full. However I move to the softness of the sofa and relax once more. Then it’s an early night and another day is complete.

 

Yesterday I had an enquiry about speaking at a conference in October.

          Are you available on either 22ndor 24th of October?’ the kindly person asked.

          ‘Sure, neither of these dates is booked at this stage,’ I answer brightly.

Hell I don’t even know if I can make August let alone October. Then I’ve pulled out of this place before about four times now and positively hope I pull out once more. It’s like having the lives of a cat. I’m not sure if it will be five or nine but I’m telling you it gets harder each time. Never the less, I’ve never given up as there seems there may be one more opportunity to be chosen. You just never know what is waiting to happen.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. This will never get old ... always there when I need him!

    ReplyDelete